Impact of Measure 66 and Measure 67 on Curry County
By the Numbers
|Children in public schools:||2,575|
|People on the Oregon Health Plan:||2,199|
|Seniors and people with disabilities receiving long-term care (in-home, assisted living, nursing homes):||226|
|People who received an initial unemployment check in 2009:||1,054|
|Released criminal offenders under supervision:||51|
|Tax filers who make $250,000 or more (households) or $125,000 or more (individual filers):||141|
What’s at Stake?
- $1.38 million in K-12 school funding for Curry County’s 2,575 students.
- Central Curry SD 1: $334,180 ($436.26 per student)
- Port Orford-Langlois SD 2CJ: $236,946 ($437.51 per student)
- Brookings-Harbor SD 17C: $804,916 (442.86 per student)
- The building of Southwestern Oregon Community College’s Curry County Campus, which will be threatened by cuts in the community college system.
- Curry County Courts, which could close one day a week
- A tax break for 1,054 unemployed people, who will receive a tax refund on the first $2,400 they received in unemployment benefits